Cash and Treasury Management
Why is managing your cash and treasury function so important?
Your cash is your asset, your investment and one of the most important assets in your business. Being able to manage your cash timely and wisely is entremely important and imminent to the success of your business. We are experts at managing cash, whether it is daily or weekly. It is the absolute driver to your business. As a business owner, especially when you are starting out, you need to understand how your cash is moving and flowing or whether you have fraudulent activity occuring in the account. Unfortunately, in today's world there is plenty of fraud and hacking, the more reason to ensure someone is managing and looking at the business cash routinely and to ensure the cash is working for you and not just sitting in a checking account collecting dust. We are here to assist you in managing and securing your cash. We have nearly two decades of experience working with bankers, lenders, investment bankers and financial advisors to ensure your cash is working hard for you and someone on the team is routinely managing your accounts. The principal of the Firm worked with plenty of corporate and high net worth individuals providing cash and treasury services. The services can be tailored to the clients needs, each client has a different need and comfort level.
We help you with these key areas -
- Bank account administration and bank reconciliations. Let us manage your accounts and reconcile them, so that you can do what's most important and that's managing your real business that brings in the CASH! Go off and teach your yoga class or create a beautiful website for a client, we are your partner and we will manage your cash so you don't have to.
- Financial relationships. Let us put you in contact with those who can assist you in your financial business goals, we have great relationships with professionals providing you first-in class service, meanwhile keeping your goals and needs in mind. If you have existing financial relations and don't want to make a change, that's okay to, we can partner with your current advisors.
- Excess cash and investments. If you have cash earning you 1.2% in your checking account that is not earmarked to be used in the near future (less than a month), we can can plan and strategize and invest those funds in a product meeting your business goals and needs; let's put your hard earned money to WORK!
- Mitigating fraudulent activity. Let us be there every step of the way to ensure your cash and investments are protected by investing and putting your cash and investments where it is secure and with trusted institutions. Have us monitor your cash and investments as frequently as you like and we can also set-up alerts and monitoring systems to proactively secure your assets.
- Centralizing your bank and investment accounts. As you grow, you have more cash, more investments and you end-up with so any accounts you can't keep track of or you may already be an established individual or business with many accounts and having pages of log-in information you can't keep track of. Let us help you to plan and strategize how you can manage your assets in a central location; wouldn't it be great to see all or most of your accounts all in one place. With today's technology, there are ways to centralize and streamline accounts and information so all you need is one or two log-in's.
We help you with these key issues -
- Keeping it in the family. Are you going to pass the business on to your family or sell it to a third party? We help you weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each of these options.
- Who's going to run the business when you're gone? Management and ownership are not one and the same. You may decide to transfer management of your business to just one of your children but transfer equal shares of business ownership to all your children, whether they're actively involved in the business or not.
- Minimizing the tax bite. The tax burden when transitioning a family business can be significant. The challenge is that a family business is not generally a liquid asset, but taxes are typically due when ownership is transferred.
- Making it fair. Transferring family ownership often adds a tremendous amount of stress to individual family members. We talk with each of the family members to ensure that they feel they a getting an equitable and fair share of the pie.
What we do for you...
Once we understand how you feel about the key issues above, we begin constructing your succession plan focusing on these 5 issues...
- Business Valuation
- Business Restructuring
- Tax Consequences
- Retirement Projections
- Tax Projections